Saturday, September 25, 2010

Rain in the Garden

images from the Japanese Garden, Como Park Conservatory,
St. Paul, MN, September 2010




These first drops of rain are from the beginning of a heavy storm that lasted 36 hours and gave almost 10 inches of rain on the land, causing flash floods and other problems later.



When I was in the Japanese Garden, it was just beginning to rain, and the drops of water were a perfect moment in the garden. The quiet was deepened by the rain, which also sent most people running back indoors. The wise photographer, however, is willing to risk everything, even to get a little wet, in order to be in the right place at the right time to capture such momentary beauty.



This remains one of my favorite Japanese Gardens, which I have visited many times. I have sat here before, meditated, people-watched, experienced the tea house. I have written music here, made many photographs here, emptied my mind here. This garden is also featured prominently in my DVD Japanese Gardens, from Liquid Crystal Gallery.








Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home