Saturday, June 02, 2012

Heartlands: Some Publicity Before the Premiere

Perfect Harmony Men's Chorus Artistic Director Ken Forney was interviewed about "Heartlands" on WORT-FM Madison, WI, the community radio station in Madison. Mr. Forney was interviewed on the program "Queery," Madison's first community radio show on local and regional QLGBT issues.

You can go to the WORT-FM archives to listen to the show here, or download the show as an MP3 podcast here.

(Full disclosure: I was a volunteer radio programmer on WORT-FM myself for 7 or 8 years, in the 1990s. I did the Sunday night avant-garde new music show, 11pm till 2am. I had a major market share for that show while ran it; happily a version of the show is still on the air. Consequently I'm pleased that my community radio alma mater is taking an interest in my music.)



Also, the Wisconsin Gazette online magazine, which provides monthly coverage of Wisconsin's LGBT community, has interviewed myself and Ken Forney, and produced an article about the premiere of "Heartlands."

You can view or download the May 31, 2012, issue of the Wisconsin Gazette here. See page 23 for the article on "Heartlands," and page 53 for an advertisement for the concert premieres.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home