Saturday, June 02, 2012

Meditation Hall



a windy day, fitful clouds, changing light
beach full of all ages cooling off in thick tree shade

stroll along water's edge till you reach the garden
sound of wind in trees, creek waterfall splashing



meditation hall rustic unfinished
open on two sides, two walls with benches
latticed windows, one tall, one round





be stillness
motionless music
silence of whipping leaves



round eye window
of the heart looking out—
distant worlds, so close

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Rob-bear said...

This is quite an amazing place. It looks so refined and calm, as one would expect of a Japanese garden.

Where is it?

Do you meditate there very often?

6:02 PM  
Blogger Art Durkee said...

It's part of the Rotary Gardens in Janesville. I go there when I can. If I lived next door, I'd mediated there all the time. It's about a twelve mile drive, so I go when I can. An hour there is like a week or more of therapy.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Rob-bear said...

You are fortunate to have such a place to which you can go even occasionally. It looks beautiful, and I can feel the calm all the way to Canada.

Thanks for the info.

11:44 AM  
Blogger Art Durkee said...

Japanese gardens are popular all over North America. Hopefully there's one not too far from you, for at least an occasional visit.

Such gardens are designed for serenity, as I'm sure everyone knows. They really call to the spirit. I know I'm lucky to have two Japanese gardens within driving distance.

One of the best I've ever visited is in Portland, OR.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

really lovel pics, looks like perfect resort for mediation and relaxation

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home