Monday, October 04, 2010

Olympia Marina

images from Olympia, WA, February 2010



I drove up from Portland, where I was staying for a week, to visit my aunt in Olympia, WA. After a lunch in a restaurant overlooking the marina, we wandered around by the waterside. The sky was clearing after the morning rain, with dramatic clouds and dark lighting. The sailboats are a widely varied lot, with small private crafts and larger touring boats. The domed building in the background is the state capitol building.



I particularly the photo here of the sailboat masts and skies reflecting in the waters of the sound. I am always drawn to reflections: in water, in windows, in mirrors, in ice.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Elisabeth said...

It's not surprising you're drawn to reflections, Art. I's say you are a very reflective person.

8:48 PM  
Blogger Art Durkee said...

Hmn. Thanks. I'll have to reflect on that. :)

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home