Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Cuyahoga

images from Cuyahoga Valley National Park, Ohio









blood iron stone ore
seeping from precipiced shale slabs:
the bleeding falls









Everywhere I travel, moving east and north, spring remains the same: the trees and bushes just beginning to leaf out, buds still tight, small, red-green. The flowering crabapples, magnolias, and forsythia a riot of primary colors that spotlight an otherwise late-winter-drab brown land. As I move, the line of green returning with spring moves with me: we race each other towards summer.

tentative, unsure
if it really wants to, the leaf
emerges from its bud

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger tuxandtales said...

Thanks for sharing the journey! I've added your blog to the favourite blogs link on my page.

11:44 PM  
Blogger Art Durkee said...

Thanks very much.

Onward!

8:55 AM  
Blogger John Ettorre said...

Damn, am I bummed to have missed you on this visit. Here's hoping we'll get a chance again before too long.

4:32 PM  
Blogger Art Durkee said...

No worries, John. We'll get together on another trip, sometime, no doubt. Dinner awaits.

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home