Friday, April 17, 2009

The Prism Chronicle

UPDATE:

The Prism Chronicle folded almost immediately, under stress from several directions. That's too bad. Nonetheless it instigated a new direction of writing for me, that of being a rural gay artist and musician, so I've taken the material I originally wrote for TPC and have started a new blog: Rural Gay Artistry. I will continue to add older material to that blog periodically, in addition to new material. I plan to continue to write on the topic from many directions, something I haven't done much with publicly before now, and post those writings over there.

So, stay tuned.



I am now going to be writing a regular column for a new rural LGBT e-zine named The Prism Chronicle. My first column is titled Out Here. The feature article in the lead issue is the first part of a three-part article is on rural religion and gay life, based on extensive reporting and interviews.

I will also be doing some book reviews for them, from time to time.



I also have a couple of photos in this issue.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger mand said...

But The Prism Chronicle has no rss! I would love to see all your articles for them (this first is a wise one), but without the tethering function of rss i fear everything slips a few yards further from me and fades into the mist...(!)

2:18 PM  
Blogger Art Durkee said...

Hi, mand—

Thanks for the enthusiastic response. :) As well as for the comments on my column. I will be doing a regular column. I'm writing a few now, to have them ready ahead, in case I'm on the road when a deadline comes up. They're great people to work with, and I look forward to a long run with them.

I promise to pass on the RSS feed suggestion to the editor and publisher. It's certainly a good idea for spreading the word.

I wonder is RSS is a cure for ADHD? :)

11:31 AM  
Blogger mand said...

I wonder is RSS is a cure for ADHD?No... i'd need something far more all-encompassing than rss! lol

12:06 PM  
Blogger Art Durkee said...

Okay, then. LOL

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home