Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Lost Roads


(Click on image for larger version.)

This is an initial sketch for a larger piece that I will be working on over the next few months. It is intended to be a large collage of individual images presented in high-contrast B&W. Each frame is a 4x6 image in its own right, which could stand on its own.

I began making the individual photos for this series when on my last roadtrip out West. I have always taken photos of the surrounding lands while driving the highways, but this trip I began to consciously take images out the windshield of the road ahead. That is becoming its own series, but it also gave me the idea, crystallized on the long drive home, of this new multi-image single piece, to be titled Lost Roads. This initial sketch is just some of the images that I've chosen to use for the final, large piece.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home