Monday, February 23, 2009

The Purpose of Waffles



What is the purpose of waffles? or, for that matter, pancakes?

Of course, everyone knows the answer to that.



The purpose of waffles is to be a delivery mechanism.



To carry maple syrup to the mouth, and the taste buds.



That is the purpose of waffles. Of course it's nice when the waffles themselves are delicious. As these were.



In the meantime, they also serve who pose for still-life photographs. In the sunlight on the kitchen counter, in my sunlit still-life counter studio, this was an irresistible opportunity. Enjoy the waffles. I certainly did. (And, they're gluten-free.)

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jim Murdoch said...

Waffles are not a big thing over here. Pancakes are and I am very fond of them, in fact my wife brought in four today for me and then proceeded to eat one. They were well done without actually being burnt, the way I like them best. I, however, eat them without feeling the need to add anything to them. The same is the case with my crumpets and hot cross buns. They need nothing, certainly not on the day they are made. A sweet tooth I may have but I'm not fond of gooey things like honey and syrup (either maple or golden).

Carrie did bring me a little tin of waffle biscuits back from America the last time she was there but I guess they're not the same thing at all.

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the waffle truth?

6:41 PM  
Blogger Art Durkee said...

It's all about maple syrup, which in this part of the continent attains near religious stature. Pure maple syrup is one of those things in life that really is sublime; it really is qualitatively different than regular syrup, which is usually watered down and re-sugared.

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home