Thursday, February 01, 2007

Road Trip 2007


At Devil's Tower, Wyoming

Right now I'm driving across the continental USA, from Wisconsin to California. Last night I was in Portland; this bright sunny day I saw the Pacific Ocean through my truck window for the first time in six months. I'm in a hotel in coastal Oregon for the night. I've been taking many photos as I go, of course, as that is what I do when I travel.

So, random notes and photos for the moment. Here's a shot of my Faithful Steed, the DragonWagon; taken last week at the Corn Palace in Mitchell, South Dakota:



And a new poem about issues of navigation:



A Book of Maps

angled lines writhe bluely: off the page, leading nowhere.
this land of feathers, soft-edged, indistinct. no place to stow a ship.
here be dragons: summation of what cannot be known.
must, mildew, stain: history of explorations. road to dust.
on every page, remembrance. where to go, not who to go with.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home